Project

General

Profile

Kaon LT Meetings » mtg_23jan04.txt

Garth Huber, 01/04/2023 04:51 PM

 
1
                 Jan 4/23 PionLT/KaonLT Analysis Meeting Notes
2
                 ---------------------------------------------
3
                            (Notes by GH)
4

    
5
                    Today: PionLT will be discussed first
6

    
7
Please remember to post your slides at:
8
https://redmine.jlab.org/projects/kltexp/wiki/Kaon_LT_Meetings
9

    
10
Present
11
-------
12
Regina - Garth Huber, Ali Usman, Nathan Heinrich, Vijay Kumar, Alicia Postuma
13
CUA - Richard Trotta, Tanja Horn
14
Ohio - Jacob Murphy, Julie Roche
15
JLab - Dave Gaskell
16
FIU - Pete Markowitz
17
CSULA - Konrad Aniol
18

    
19
Jacob Updates
20
-------------
21
- Optics
22
   - will meet with Holly on Thursday
23
   - Holly working on SHMS CaFe optics data (actually taken during PionLT)
24
   - wants to "wrap up" optics in the next month
25
      - finalize high mom HMS ME (6.8 GeV/c)
26
      - finalize 5.5, 5.8 GeV/c ME
27
         - still need to see if both are needed, or if one can do both well
28
      - SHMS high mom corrections     
29
         - need to see if Holly's higher momentum ME will also work for our
30
	   8.0GeV/c optics data, or if separate ME are needed
31
      - HMS delta-corrections
32

    
33
- Main PionLT analysis
34
    - will meet w/Richard to discuss diamond cut script
35

    
36
Nathan Updates
37
--------------
38
- PionLT/KaonLT talk at Hall C January workshop
39
   - extended discussion on Nathan's talk outline and what can be shown
40
   TH: would like to see as many "in progress" plots as possible, to indicate
41
     that there has been progress
42
   - Data/SIMC Ratios, initial ratios probably will not look very good
43
      - people shouldn't judge us on the quality of the agreement at this early
44
        stage
45
      - try to find a setting where things are looking better and show that one
46
      - instead of showing ratios, can show overlap of distributions, to show
47
        whether the shapes agree
48
   - can also give some information on why the analysis is taking so long
49
      - a slide on various issues encountered
50
      - can give links to information from Oct Analysis meeting
51
   TH: try to get some plots from Richard, and then distribute a new draft so
52
     we can come up with some proper narrative for them
53

    
54
- Nathan, Richard, Ali will meet today at 14:00 Eastern
55
- Nathan will distribute a new draft by Friday
56
- We will meet Friday at 14:00 Eastern to give Nathan some useful feedback and
57
  suggestions on how to present the information effectively
58

    
59
Ali Updates
60
-----------
61
- New full replay of KaonLT data
62
   - new error calc (binomial)
63
   - corrected TLT for Beam Off time
64
       - the new calc is in addition to the old calc, not instead of it
65
   - updates to SHMS tracking
66
       - RT was seeing problems in positive polarity Lumi runs, when comparing
67
         tracked and untracked
68
       - after some comparison with Peter B, it was found some pruning and
69
         track selection parameters were different than his recommended values
70
       - changes only made to SHMS, since HMS is electrons only and doesn't
71
         seem to have the same problem
72
    - changes implemented for nearly all data types (except Heep Singles)
73

    
74
Richard Updates
75
---------------
76
- Debugging Bill's LT-sep code
77
   - have all inputs to the cross section code now
78
   - can run average_kinematics and other Fortran codes now
79
   - main issue was that there are many versions of the files, took a lot of
80
     time to sort out what's important
81
       GH: yes, we tried many different ways of doing background subtraction
82
       and other things in Bill's omega analysis, and I guess you have all
83
       parallel verisons of the code, and not only the final version
84
       (unfortunately)
85
   - meeting Stephen next week (while at JLab) on the code
86

    
87
- SIMC changes
88
   - sent DG information outlining the changes he made to SIMC, so DG can
89
     review them before pushing to main version
90

    
91
Vijay Updates
92
-------------
93
- will start looking at the LT-sep code
94
- also need to complete many studies needed to finalize normalize yields
95

    
96
Alicia Updates
97
--------------
98
- submitted batch jobs over the break, which ran successfully
99
- need to implement Dummy Target subtraction, and look at BSA for other
100
  settings
101

    
102
Next Meeting
103
------------
104
Fri Jan 4 @ 14:00 Eastern/13:00 Regina/11:00 Pacific
105
   - Nathan's slides will be the only item on the agenda
106

    
107
If you have not yet done so, please fill in the poll to pick our meeting times
108
for Jan 9-Mar 24
109
   https://www.when2meet.com/?18018413-nyesS
(149-149/443)