Project

General

Profile

Kaon LT Meetings » mtg_23oct24.txt

Garth Huber, 11/13/2023 02:58 PM

 
1
Notes from Richard:
2
---
3
2023 Oct 24 (Notes from KaonLT Meeting)
4

    
5

    
6
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, November 2nd at 1500 EST
7

    
8

    
9
 Attendance: Dave G., Pete M., Ali U., Nacer H., Tanja H., Richard T., Nathan H.
10
---
11

    
12

    
13
Richard
14

    
15
- Garth's set of offsets have improved W and Pmx greatly, but emiss and Pmz are still very off. 
16
- This is likely a sign issue. Dave suggested running the heepcheck script to find proper signs and adjustments.
17
- Richard is adding a new variable (thetacm, which is the vertex theta variable) to the simc output root files. The variable is added, but not showing up in the root file.
18
	- Dave and Richard will discuss offline how to incorporate new simc variables to the roof file. The way Richard is doing so seems fine, may need some debugging by Dave.
19

    
20
Ali
21

    
22
- Replaying HeepCoin for beta efficiency. Runs are still being processed, should be finished soon.
23
- Ran for variety of Q2 and eps to compare.
24
- Calculated shms beta eff (only taking events from shms, ignore hms. This is the ~85%). Also calculated coin beta eff (this greatly helps the efficiency. This is ~95%).
25
- Apply same calculation to physics data after heep analysis is finished. 
26
- Physics: epi, ep and ek cuts for three type of efficiencies
27
- Calculated run by run in report files
28
- Dave thinks we need a detailed MM analysis but not run by run because fluctuations can be introduced since it is such a small sample size of good events per run.
29
- Concern if there is a clean enough sample so heep might be fine to use for everything. 
30
- Run by run has a larger uncertainty but it is mainly to check trends. In the end, only one efficiency will be used.
31
- The MM cut needs to be really tight because it is critical to have as clean a sample as possible. 
32
- PID cuts need to be played around with to find the optimal beta efficiency that stabilizes around a certain set of cuts
33
	- Two Cerenkov cuts
34
	- MM cut
35
- Plan is now to initially not doing run by run, instead, setting by setting to get the proper PID/MM cuts. Once a good set of cuts are achieved, then it can be done run by run in the report file.
36
- Ali will send around the following plot: Eff vs run number (for all heep settings, which already has a good set of cuts). This should show a stable efficiency across runs.
37

    
38
Nathan
39

    
40
- Finished up committee report so not much of an update
41
- Junaid was looking at SHMS hodo. Looks like only one set of calibrations for 2022, but two or so for 2021.
42
	- Following up with Carlos Yero about a reference time cut of some type
43
- Junaid and Nathan need to organize jobs for luminosity and PID. Calibrations need to be finalized, once this is done a big replay needs to be done.
44

    
45
Notes from Tanja:
46

    
47
KAONLT
48

    
49
* Richard applied a set of global fit offsets to the higher beam energy data - finds that W looks ok, while Px, Pz, Emiss go in the wrong direction. Py does not change, but that is expected as only sensitive to oop offsets
50

    
51
* Actions:
52
::* check if the signs are applied correctly - there may be opposite signs for energy and momentum
53
::* check with Heepcheck what offset to expect and check against the analysis
54
::* try the set of offsets for a single beam energy only
55

    
56
* Richard is trying to add a new variable to the SIMC ntuple - seems to be applied in the correct places in the code, but not showing up in the ntuple
57

    
58
* Action: Richard will debug with Dave G offline
59

    
60
* Ali calculated the fraction of events lost when beta cut is applied - using elastics heepcoin for that. Idea is to get a sample for good protons.
61
::* getting a good sample of protons requires tighter cuts than normal analysis
62
::* cuts to tighten: cherenkov, missing mass, aerogel, maybe calorimeter
63

    
64
* Action: calculate efficiencies for all heepcoin settings and their uncertainties. Plans to present the results next week
65

    
66
PIONLT
67

    
68
* Nathan working on reference time cuts - plans to follow up with Carlos Y. on it
69

    
70
NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY 2 NOV AT 4PM ET
71

    
(314-314/412)