Project

General

Profile

Kaon LT Meetings » mtg_24jan04.txt

Garth Huber, 01/05/2024 12:01 PM

 
1
                 Jan 4/24 PionLT/KaonLT Analysis Meeting Notes
2
                 ---------------------------------------------
3
                              (Notes by GH)
4

    
5
                     Today: PionLT will be discussed first
6

    
7
Please remember to post your slides at:
8
https://redmine.jlab.org/projects/kltexp/wiki/Kaon_LT_Meetings
9

    
10
Present
11
-------
12
Regina - Garth Huber, Nathan Heinrich, Ali Usman, Alicia Postuma, 
13
   Muhammad Junaid, Nacer Hamdi, Vijay Kumar
14
CUA - Richard Trotta, Casey Morean, Tanja Horn
15
JLab - Dave Gaskell
16
FIU - Pete Markowitz
17

    
18
Nathan
19
------
20
- working on slides for Hall C meeting, need to have draft slides ready for
21
  Thurs Jan 11
22
- will start working on Lumi Carbon singles data from Sept/22
23

    
24
Junaid
25
------
26
Completed replay of PionLT data
27
- 7 scripts for Heep (coin, HMS-sing, SHMS-sing), Lumi, Physics
28
- batch scripts take 3 arguments
29

    
30
- various issues encountered during the replays that took a lot of attention
31
  - broken symlinks, typos, duplicate run#
32
  - fixed all issues, all data now on cache disk
33

    
34
Tracking Efficiency study
35
- SHMS cuts to be used
36
  - it's important that variables involving tracked info (e.g. P.aero.xAtAero)
37
    are not used in any way in the study
38
  - add a cut CAL>0.05 (no_track variable) on SHMS
39
- HMS cuts
40
  - add H.cal.etotnorm > 0.7
41

    
42
Richard
43
-------
44
HGC cut status in physics analysis
45
- mis-spoke at last meeting that no HGC cut is applied
46
 - in reality, HGC<1.5pe cut outside inefficient region is used
47
 - also a hole cut is applied, needs to be added also to SIMC analysi
48

    
49
- MM_K plot
50
  - Black=Center  Red=Left  Green=Right
51
  - Lambda peak looks fairly clean, reasonable normalized yield consistency
52
    between the three settings
53
  - *NEED TO DO* a Lambda yield vs HGC cut study
54

    
55
Heep data/MC yields under various conditions
56
- as presented at the last meeting, there is a significant linear trend to the
57
  Data/MC ratio vs Q2
58
- various investigations to see where this is coming from
59
- applying a SHMS Dipole Exit Cut
60
  - DG: need to apply the same cut to SIMC data
61
- PID cuts
62
  - DG: suggests to remove all SHMS proton cuts
63
- Heep data up to Q2=7.5
64
  - this is a significantly higher Q2 than we have done in past Heep-check
65
  - can try a different Heep parameterization in SIMC, follow instructions in
66
    Wenliang Li's PhD thesis
67

    
68
Sorting out issues with Bill's LT-separation code
69
- come questions about seemingly arbitrary parameterization need clarification
70
  - we will have a separate meeting on Friday at 14:30 Eastern about this
71
    Meeting ID: 954 3340 5506
72
   Passcode: 901353
73
- testing the code with Q2=2.1 data
74
- various issues with batch submission scripts failing, even though jobs run
75
  fine from terminal
76
  - Casey suggests to use -phase and -antecedent parameters in SWIF job
77
    submissions
78

    
79
Ali
80
---
81
pi+Delta0 BSA analysis
82
- earlier, DG suggested to investigate rho+N->pi+pi0N contribution in addition
83
  to SIDIS
84
  - SIMC simulation very inefficient
85
  - took ~3 days to get 200k events
86

    
87
- comparision of rho and SIDIS MC (weighted distributions)
88
  - rho peaks at lower MM~1.15 than SIDIS (MM~1.4)
89
  - looks like rho will be useful in obtaining a better fit of MM region to
90
    left of Delta
91

    
92
- t-distribution >0 for rho 
93
  - DG: confirms that for his rho files, t<0, so there must be a sign issue
94
  - some discussion that it migt be a reconstruction code issue, Ali will
95
    investigate
96

    
97
- tentative strength of rho
98
  - DG: initial guess from prior SIDIS analysis is that rho is 10-20% of SIDIS
99
  - this seems a good guide for Ali's initial fitting
100

    
101
- discussion about large pi+n tail and how to deal with it
102
  - NH suggests to arbitrarily scale up the pi+n MC to fit the tail, even
103
    though it would dramatically over-shoot the neutron peak
104
  - GH: before contemplating this, we really should deal with the issue that
105
    the data MM resolution is worse than predicted by MC
106

    
107
- DG: made some plots earlier of MM versus FP variables, found some
108
  correlations
109
  - will try to look at this in a bit more detail
110
  - AP will direct DG to where the newest ROOT trees are located
111

    
112
Vijay
113
-----
114
- no plots, but working on LT-sep analysis, will attend tomorrow's meeting
115

    
116
Alicia
117
------
118
- working on slides for Hall C meeting, need to have draft slides ready for
119
  Thurs Jan 11
120
- sorting out some out of memory errors in python analysis scripts
121
- looking at PARTONS GPD code, manually change contributions of GPDs as per
122
  Stefan Diehl's paper
123

    
124
Nacer
125
-----
126
KaonLT Q2=0.5 drift chamber calibration checks
127
- Junaid helped adapt code from PionLT to KaonLT
128

    
129
- initial plots of SHMS drift distance spectra
130
  BLUE=after calib  RED=before calib
131
- red has some significant deficits for d<0.1, particularly SHMS 1v,1u planes
132
- blue looks better in some spots, but SHMS 2v planes indicate new t0 offsets
133
  are needed, deficit for d<0.1, and residual distributions actually worse than
134
  red
135
  - need to rerun code with t0 flag off, Junaid will give info
136

    
137
Next Meeting
138
------------
139
- Thur Jan 11 @ 15:00 Eastern/14:00 Regina
140
  - KaonLT will go first
141

    
142
Please fill out the poll at:
143
  https://www.when2meet.com/?22907632-UJ4DV
144
So far, it looks like Thursdays at 14:30 Eastern/13:30 Regina is best
145

    
(355-355/413)