Project

General

Profile

Actions

Task #698

closed

Data unblocking in decode software

Added by Alexandre Camsonne about 1 year ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Start date:
02/08/2023
Due date:
07/15/2023
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
24.00 h
Spent time:
Actions #1

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 9 months ago

  • Assignee set to Ole Hansen
Actions #2

Updated by Ole Hansen 9 months ago

  • Due date set to 07/15/2023
  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Estimated time set to 24.00 h

Using HMS run 882 as sample data. See logbook entry 4159915 for (partial) documentation of the data format.

Actions #3

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 6 months ago

looking into it with hcana

Actions #4

Updated by Ole Hansen 6 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

This should work now. I updated the 1190 code In Podd given the format mentioned in the above log entry. The 1190 multi block format does not follow what I consider the CODA standard, using block headers/trailer etc. Instead, one gets a simple concatenation of single event data, fortunately in one contiguous block for each module. The lack of block headers and the different format in general prevents a number of sanity checks and makes recovery from hypothetical decoding errors difficult. In particular, the block level of the data needs to be discovered from the data instead of being available up front. There's some room for improvement, but it would be a bit time consuming to implement.

Additionally, I corrected a few general issues with the multi block handling in Podd's decoder. In particular, the event metadata (event number, time stamp, trigger bits, etc.) were not updated for events following the first one in a block (cached events). I also added a check to prevent processing of banks that are defined in the crate map but not present in the current event block. They were mistakenly processed (with errors) for cached events.

These changes are available now in Podd Release 1.7.5.

Actions #5

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 6 months ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 100
Actions #6

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 6 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Actions #7

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Resolved
Actions #8

Updated by Alexandre Camsonne 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF