JLab Farm Information¶
Included below is some information and resources regarding working with the PionLT data on the JLab farm.
General Farm Resources¶
- Farm Tips and Tricks
- JLab SciComp Info Pages
- Tape Storage System Info
- Auger batch queueing system
- Note, auger will be replaced by Slurm eventually, we're still using auger for now
- Check Job/Farm Status
Summer 2019 Run Info¶
The Summer 2019 data was stored alongside the earlier KaonLT data. The data can be found in -
- /mss/hallc/spring17/raw/ - Raw data for 2019 PionLT run
- /mss/hallc/kaonlt/ - Analysed data
- /volatile/hallc/c-kaonlt/ - Temporary analysed data
Access to these directories is via the "c-comm2017" group
2021 Run Info¶
For the 2021 PionLT run, a new group was created, along with numerous new directories -
- New unix group: 'c-pionlt'
- New Farm/Auger project: c-pionlt
- Use this Project name for simulation (and later analysis) jobs on the Farm
- Disk resources:
- /volatile/c-pionlt/ - directory, 6 TB high quota; 2 TB Guarantee
- /group/c-pionlt/ - directory (100GB quota)
- snapshotted hourly; backed up automatically, use for analysis scripts, etc.
- /work/hallc/c-pionlt/ - directory (1TB quota)
- NOT backed up in any way
- Has some small-file/performance benefits (but this doesn't really apply to hcana/podd analysis)
- Not super useful in a modern workflow (mostly historical), but it's there if you want it.
- Not intended for rootfile output or to store extra copies of CODA files, etc.
- Good for large source code bases (that are 'backed up' on an external git repo, for example)
- OK for modestly sized simulation output perhaps, though /volatile is still best.
- New Tape/disk allocations:
- /mss/hallc/c-pionlt/raw - tape volume for raw data output
- /mss/hallc/c-pionlt/analysis - tape volume for analysis output
- CACHE INFO COMING SOON
Updated by Stephen Kay about 2 years ago · 10 revisions