Project

General

Profile

Kaon LT Meetings » mtg_22dec14.txt

Garth Huber, 12/15/2022 01:31 PM

 
1
                 Dec 14/22 PionLT/KaonLT Analysis Meeting Notes
2
                 ----------------------------------------------
3
                           (Notes by GH and SJDK)
4

    
5
                    Today: PionLT will be discussed first
6

    
7
Please remember to post your slides at:
8
https://redmine.jlab.org/projects/kltexp/wiki/Kaon_LT_Meetings
9

    
10
Present
11
-------
12
Regina - Garth Huber, Stephen Kay, Ali Usman, Alicia Postuma, Nathan Heinrich
13
CSULA - Konrad Aniol
14
CUA - Richard Trotta, Tanja Horn
15
JLab - Dave Gaskell
16

    
17
Jacob Updates
18
-------------
19
- HMS Optics Matrix Element (ME) updates
20
   - Met with Holly last week
21
   - Making improvements to PolTar ME --> Optimized PolTar
22
      - Comparing Recon 2018 (used for online except highest momentum), 6.6
23
        GeV/c matrix, PolTar
24
      - Sieve plane with Optimized PolTar is reasonable, some holes have a
25
        weird tilt
26
      - Upstream foil: -ve delta resolution is fairly bad
27
      - Central foil: additional holes at lower right (+Ys,-Xs) since more
28
        events pass (Ytar vs delta) cuts
29

    
30
   - Discussion: More events now, why?
31
      - Reconstructed to the wrong place?
32
      - apply xpfp vs xfp cuts to identify sieve holes
33
      - fit new ME, Ytar is known from foil target coordinate
34
      - recalc what target quantities should be, check if Xtar is all right
35
      - Ytar resolution is improved, peak is sharper and more events pass
36
        narrow Ytar cut
37

    
38
   - Showed result to Holly, doing a second pass fit, use "new" sieve holes to
39
     try to get further improvement
40
      - optimized the cuts
41
      - No improvement in yfp for upstream/downstream foils
42
      - Only improvement seemed to be on the central foil
43
      - Second optimisation improved sieve rows Ys 1, 7 (slightly)
44

    
45
- working on a write-up for his thesis, will distribute
46
- making improvements to scripts so easier for someone else to do optimizations
47
  in the future
48
   - next step is to add in higher order elements and see if solver can do new
49
     fit
50
- Holly is working on SHMS high momentum ME
51
- Will be presenting Optics updates at Hall C meeting in January
52

    
53
- almost done std.kin checks
54

    
55
Nathan Updates
56
--------------
57
- will start with Detector time optimizations after Finals (next week)
58
   - Ref times etc
59
   - Most cuts wide open, they work but could be narrowed
60
   - will replay runs from different settings to see if Ref time jumping around
61
   - following Carlos Yero instructions
62

    
63
- Nathan is giving the LT talk at the Hall C meeting (both expts)
64
   - KaonLT: TH comment, its *very important* we present a plan on progress
65
     toward cross sections, can't just keep giving the same talk, the data
66
     taking was completed some time ago and people are eager to see progress
67
      - RT can send efficiency plots almost immediately
68
      - Jan 3 *Deadline* to send NH: some rough/preliminary cross section plots
69

    
70
   - PionLT: initial analysis, try to stick to new material, not just online
71

    
72
   - Meet with Ali/Richard and others next week to try and decide on the
73
     structure of the talk
74

    
75
Junaid 
76
------
77
- Still away, sent fancy pictures from his wedding in Pakistan
78

    
79
Vijay
80
-----
81
- returning Dec 24 from his father's funeral in India
82

    
83
Richard Updates 
84
---------------
85
- Bill updated LT Separation directory containing all his datasets and scripts
86
  not in GitHub
87
   - can more easily see his iteration procedure now
88
   - located at: /work/eic/users/billlee/omega_analysis
89
   - Stephen needs to move this to a group/accessible area
90

    
91
- SIMC/hcana PMiss, EMiss discrepancies
92
   - Adding in hcana calculations into SIMC
93
   - In hcana, it uses the Boost function for TLorentz vectors to get them in
94
     the right frame
95
      - No such functions exist in SIMC so doing these manually
96
      - TH: Analytical boost functions should already be in SIMC
97
         - RT will check with Dave G or Mark Jones
98

    
99
Ali Updates
100
-----------
101
- fairly busy with end of semester teaching stuff
102
- Modifying error calculations (from Gaussian to Binomial) in report template
103
  files
104
   - Will improve error bars on all future replays
105

    
106
- Need to add correction factor for EDTM livetime that Dave G mentioned in the
107
  last meeting
108

    
109
- HMS calorimeter efficiency study needed
110

    
111
Alicia Updates
112
--------------
113
- No new updates, courses/end of term keeping Alicia busy like lots of others
114
- Next on the table is the dummy target subtraction for the asymmetries
115
   - Need to check error bar propagation
116

    
117
- Will replay many other data settings over break with the helicity enabled
118

    
119
- Comparisons of BSA data to models
120
   - Alicia will run VR/VGG models to get LT' values at some point
121
   - GH has contacted Kroll & Goloskokov re. GPD model calcs, no reply yet
122
      - NOTE: Peter Kroll responds on Dec 15.  He's interested in the data, but
123
        it will be some months before he has time to look at it
124
   - GH will also contact B-G Yu in Korea about Regge-based model
125

    
126
Discussion of JLab 20+ GeV Upgrade
127
----------------------------------
128
- GH: Hall C can do a lot without upgrading spectrometers to around ~18 GeV
129
  beam energy, dictated by sum of HMS(7)+SHMS(11) momenta
130
   - For exclusive reactions at least anyway, SIDIS has weaker constraint and
131
     can use HMS+SHMS to even higher energy
132
   - GH also looked at impact of replacing HMS with a new spectrometer capable
133
     of smaller angle and higher momentum.  Its impact was fairly limited in
134
     comparison to what you can do with HMS+SHMS and 18GeV beam
135

    
136
- Pion form factor reach extended to Q2~11.5 GeV with an 18 GeV beam
137
   - improvements are due to larger delta-epsilon because of higher upper beam
138
     energy, and larger virtual photon flux at a given Q2
139
   - conclusion from Aug 20+ workshop was that 16-18 GeV e- beam gives you the
140
     12 GeV GPD program properly!
141

    
142
Next Meeting
143
------------
144
Wed Dec 21 @ 9:00 Eastern/8:00 Regina/6:00 Pacific
145
- KaonLT will go first
146

    
147
- GH will distribute a poll soon to pick a time for meetings after Jan 10
(145-145/443)